Danger kids on bikes on A14
FOOLISH kids today risked life and limb as they rode their bikes in the fast lane of the busy A14 dual carriageway.Three boys, believed to be aged between 12 and 15, were spotted at just after 10am and passing motorists who immediately alerted the police.
FOOLISH kids today risked life and limb as they rode their bikes in the fast lane of the busy A14 dual carriageway.
Three boys, believed to be aged between 12 and 15, were spotted at just after 10am and passing motorists who immediately alerted the police.
The harebrained youngsters diced with death on the Felixstowe-bound carriageway near to the Copdock junction and cycled alongside the central reservation. Two of the boys were travelling in the same direction as the flow of traffic while the other boy casually rode towards the on-coming cars and lorries.
The culprits were wearing jeans and baseball caps.
You may also want to watch:
Anna Woolnough, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Police today said: "This is extremely dangerous behaviour and we would urge children not to ride their bikes on the dual carriageway.
"We would also ask parents to warn their children of the dangers of taking bikes onto busy main roads.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 5 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 6 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 9 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 10 Triumph Tiger rider denies being over alcohol limit
"We would like to appeal for anyone who witnessed this incident to contact Suffolk Police immediately on 01473 613500."
A spokeswoman for The Highways Agency, who is responsible for the A14, said: "Although it is not illegal to ride a bike on the A14, for safety reasons it is not a good idea to cycle in the fast lane and we would ask cyclists to be sensible and keep to the left hand lane."