Dash cam footage of potential witnesses in Dean Stansby Ipswich murder investigation released
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of Dean Stansby in Ipswich last month have released images of potential witnesses who may hold vital information to help take the investigation forward.
Officers were contacted by the ambulance service around 6.30pm on Wednesday, February 8, to reports that a man had been stabbed in the vicinity of Ancaster Road.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment, but died a short time later.
Police are urging everyone who was in the area of Ancaster Road, Gippeswyk Road, Gippeswyk Avenue or Ranelagh Road between 6pm and 7pm, to come forward regardless of whether they saw anything or not.
The images, captured by dash-cam footage, show both pedestrians and motorists in and around the area of the incident between 6.17pm and 6.21pm.
Detective Chief Inspector Caroline Millar said: “The photos clearly show the area we are focussing on to trace potential witnesses. Some are of better quality than others.
“There were a lot of people out that evening and we are urging anyone who was in the area between 6pm and 7pm to come forward.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
“We would like to speak to everyone who was in the area between those times, we have highlighted some of the clearer images of vehicles in hope that they might be identifiable to their owners.
“There is nothing to suggest these people are involved in the incident, however it’s possible they may not be aware they may be able to assist, and therefore we need to speak to them in order to rule out the possibility.”
• Anyone who can identify any of these individuals is asked to call the incident room on 01473 782019
Details of the images
Image 1 - A man in a white jumper or hoody, dark bottoms and light-coloured shoes walking along Gippeswyck Avenue, in the direction of Birkfield Drive.
Image 2 – A man standing on the bend of Gippeswyk Avenue and Ancaster Road.
The police vehicle has been traced and the officers spoken to. They did not see anything of note.
Image 3 – A white 4x4 vehicle driving along Ancaster Road in the direction of Gippeswyk Avenue.
Image 4 – A black 4x4 vehicle driving along Ancaster Road in the direction of Gippeswyk Avenue.
Image 5 – A woman carrying a white handbag walking along Ancaster Road in the direction of Gippeswyk Avenue.
Image 6 – A dark 4x4 vehicle driving along Ranelagh Road in the direction of Ancaster Road.
Image 7 – A white hatchback vehicle driving along Ranelagh Road in the direction of Ancaster Road.
Image 8 – A woman wearing dark coat and dark boots walking along Ranelagh Road in the direction of Ancaster Road.
Image 9 – Captured by a second dash-cam at approximately 6:21pm – A woman walking at the Ancaster Road bend toward Gippeswyk Avenue. She appears to be carrying a rucksack or similar.