Date set for final goobye to Kiara
A FUNERAL date has been set for family and friends to say goodbye to little Kiara Stevenson-Mann.The five-year-old from Ireland Road was killed last Thursday when she was in collision with a coach on Landseer Road.
A FUNERAL date has been set for family and friends to say goodbye to little Kiara Stevenson-Mann.
The five-year-old from Ireland Road was killed last Thursday when she was in collision with a coach on Landseer Road.
It was just days before her sixth birthday and she had been riding her bike along the pavement before the accident happened, when for some reason she went into the road.
Her funeral is due to be held at the All Hallows Church in Landseer Road, Ipswich on Tuesday September 2.
It will start at 2pm followed by an internment at Ipswich Lawn Cemetery.
Family flowers only have been requested but any donations will be split between the East Anglian Children's Hospice and the Bergholt Amenity Fund.
- 1 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 4 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 7 Homes proposed for two sites at Purdis Farm
- 8 Architects plan to create town hall wedding venue
- 9 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 10 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
Many people on the Greenwich estate where Kiara lived have been left stunned by her death and dozens bouquets of flowers and teddies adorn the spot where she died.
Following many enquiries by people in the area, the Evening Star has set up the Kiara Fund.
The money collected is to be spent in whatever way her family wishes.
Any donations should be sent to the Kiara Fund, c/o Geraldine Thompson, Editors Secretary, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.