Date set for Ipswich murder trial
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a 17-year-old Suffolk boy accused of murdering a 32-year-old man in Ipswich is expected to take place in July.
The Bury St Edmunds teenager, who cannot be named because of his age, pleaded not guilty to murdering Daniel Saunders at a plea and trial preparation hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on Friday (April 12).
Mr Saunders died on December 16 from a single stab wound to the abdomen.
Also before the court were Arjun Jadeja, 18, of The Nook, Wivenhoe, near Colchester, Benjamin Gosbell, 20, of Gratian Close, Highwoods, Colchester, Olusola Durojaiye, 33, of Appleton Mews, Colchester, a 16-year-old boy from Bury St Edmunds, and a 17-year-old boy from Colchester. The 16 and 17-year-old boys cannot be named for legal reasons
All five pleaded not guilty to assisting an offender between between December 15 and December 21 by disposing of clothing and concealing the 17-year-old accused of murder at a caravan site in St Osyth.
You may also want to watch:
The trial of all six defendants, which is expected to last at least five or six weeks, is due to get underway on July 8.
A further case management hearing will take place on June 17.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 10 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears