Days Gone By: Memories from Bramford Road’s Red Lion pub from 1974
The Red Lion pub on Bramford Road will hold fond memories for many - but have we pictured you in our gallery?
Situated in Bramford Road, the Red Lion Pub has long since been a part of its community.
One night in 1974, one of our photographers headed along to the pub to capture its punters and their festivities.
The pub opened in 1800s, before the current building was constructed in the 1930s.
This gallery pictures some of the many faces who frequented it in 1974, and show that it was a popular choice for many.
The Red Lion remains open on Bramford Road, just on the outskirts of Ipswich town centre, today.
Were you a regular punter at The Red Lion in the 1970s, or is the venue now your local?
- 1 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 6 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
- 7 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 8 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich
- 10 Suffolk Pita festival returns for 10th anniversary
Can you spot yourself or anyone you know in these pictures taken from our archives?
To reveal the names of someone in the photographs, or to share your memories of The Red Lion with us, email our picture desk at firstname.lastname@example.org