Days Gone By: Memories from Colchester Road Royal George pub from 1974
Are you pictured in this gallery from a night at The Royal George in Ipswich in 1974?
The Royal George pub was once part of the catalogue of Tolly Cobbold-owned venues which served the Ipswich communities.
The pub, in Colchester Road, opened in the 1930s and is now part of the Flaming Grill company, owned by Greene King.
These pictures were taken on a night in 1974 and, while the faces behind the bar since then have changed, the exterior looks largely the same - although with some pops of bright orange added.
In 1974, the pub was the local for much of west Rushmere and remains a family-friendly venue today.
You may also want to watch:
Were you a regular punter at Royal George in the 1970s, or is the venue now your local? Can you spot yourself or anyone you know in these pictures taken from our archives?
To reveal the names of someone in the photographs, or to share your memories of The Royal George with us, email our picture desk.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront