Days Gone By: Memories from Spring Tavern Pub in 1974
Are you pictured in this gallery from a night at Spring Tavern pub in Ipswich over 40 years ago?
We have delved into our archives once again – this time unearthing these pictures from a night at the Spring Tavern Pub.
Opened in the Victorian era, the pub was situated in Spring Road.
This picture gallery shows the many punters who frequented it in 1974, revealing just how popular it was back in its heyday.
It is now called the Fat Cat after being renamed in 1996 – but when it was the Spring Tavern it had two small bars.
The side yard drinking area and conservatory were added as new drinking areas soon after, as was the taproom behind the bar.
Were you a regular punter at the pub in the 1970s or is it your local now?
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 3 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 4 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 5 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 6 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 7 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 8 'School family' to skydive for TA diagnosed with brain tumour
- 9 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 10 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
Can you spot yourself or anyone you know in these pictures from our archives?
To reveal the names of someone in the photographs, or to share your memories of the Spring Tavern with us, email us today