Jewellery stolen during daytime burglary in Hintlesham
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after jewellery was stolen during a daytime burglary in Hintlesham.
The burglary happened between 10am and 1.30pm on Thursday, June 21, at a house in a the area of George Street.
According to a spokeswoman for Suffolk police, an unknown suspect entered the property through an insecure door.
“Once inside, a search was carried out and jewellery was stolen,” she said.
Police are keen to identify a white car-derived van and male driver believed to be in the area at around 12.40pm.
The man is described as white and of slim build.
He was wearing a blue t-shirt, dark trousers and trainers.
- 1 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 6 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 7 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 8 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 9 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 10 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious on that day, or who has any information about this crime, is asked to contact South CID at Landmark House on 101 quoting reference 34209/18.
Alternatively, contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.