Dead in Mildenhall crash named by police
SUFFOLK police have today named the couple who were killed in a double fatal at Newmarket.John Murkin, 55, and his wife Christine, 54, of Croft Place, Mildenhall, were killed when the Peugeot 205 they were travelling in was in collision with an Italian registered Audi.
SUFFOLK police have today named the couple who were killed in a double fatal at Newmarket.
John Murkin, 55, and his wife Christine, 54, of Croft Place, Mildenhall, were killed when the Peugeot 205 they were travelling in was in collision with an Italian registered Audi.
Italian national, Marco Botti, the driver of the Audi, has been charged with careless and inconsiderate driving after the crash at 12.30pm on Tuesday.
A third person, a back seat passenger of the Peugeot, was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Botti, 25, will appear before St Edmundsbury magistrates on August 6. He was treated at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds for slight injuries before being arrested.
Emergency services went to the accident in Snailwell Road, Newmarket at 12.30pm but could do nothing to save the victims.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 3 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 4 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 5 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 8 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 9 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
The tragedy brought the number of people killed on Suffolk's roads to 23 this year.