Dead in Mildenhall crash named by police
SUFFOLK police have today named the couple who were killed in a double fatal at Newmarket.John Murkin, 55, and his wife Christine, 54, of Croft Place, Mildenhall, were killed when the Peugeot 205 they were travelling in was in collision with an Italian registered Audi.
SUFFOLK police have today named the couple who were killed in a double fatal at Newmarket.
John Murkin, 55, and his wife Christine, 54, of Croft Place, Mildenhall, were killed when the Peugeot 205 they were travelling in was in collision with an Italian registered Audi.
Italian national, Marco Botti, the driver of the Audi, has been charged with careless and inconsiderate driving after the crash at 12.30pm on Tuesday.
A third person, a back seat passenger of the Peugeot, was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Botti, 25, will appear before St Edmundsbury magistrates on August 6. He was treated at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds for slight injuries before being arrested.
Emergency services went to the accident in Snailwell Road, Newmarket at 12.30pm but could do nothing to save the victims.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 4 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 6 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 7 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 8 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 9 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
The tragedy brought the number of people killed on Suffolk's roads to 23 this year.