Dealer jailed for peddling drugs
A LONDON drug dealer who was caught with heroin, cocaine and cannabis valued at £3,000 in an Ipswich park has been jailed for more than three years.Aron Prentice, of Courthill Road, Lewisham, pleaded guilty to three charges when he appeared before district judge David Cooper at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court in July.
A LONDON drug dealer who was caught with heroin, cocaine and cannabis valued at £3,000 in an Ipswich park has been jailed for more than three years.
Aron Prentice, of Courthill Road, Lewisham, pleaded guilty to three charges when he appeared before district judge David Cooper at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court in July.
The 25-year-old admitted possessing 19.07gms of heroin with intent to supply, possessing 11.45gms of cocaine with intent to supply and a further charge of possessing 0.3gms of cannabis.
He was charged after police approached him in Chantry Park on May 11 at about 11.40am.
The officers found a total of 118 wraps of drugs, 24 or which were on Prentice while the others were retrieved from nearby bushes.
Judge Cooper sent the case to Ipswich Crown Court when he decided his sentencing powers were not severe enough.
- 1 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 6 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
- 10 Five West End shows coming to Ipswich
When Prentice was brought before the crown court, he was sentenced to 40 months in jail for each offence of possessing Class A drugs with intent to supply, to run concurrently.
For the offence of possessing cannabis, he was given no separate penalty.
Prentice is the latest drug dealer jailed after being arrested as part of Operation Academy, Suffolk police's blitz on the people who deal drugs in Ipswich.
Do you think drugs are a problem in Ipswich? What do you think of this case? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com.