Dealer jailed for peddling drugs
A LONDON drug dealer who was caught with heroin, cocaine and cannabis valued at £3,000 in an Ipswich park has been jailed for more than three years.Aron Prentice, of Courthill Road, Lewisham, pleaded guilty to three charges when he appeared before district judge David Cooper at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court in July.
A LONDON drug dealer who was caught with heroin, cocaine and cannabis valued at £3,000 in an Ipswich park has been jailed for more than three years.
Aron Prentice, of Courthill Road, Lewisham, pleaded guilty to three charges when he appeared before district judge David Cooper at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court in July.
The 25-year-old admitted possessing 19.07gms of heroin with intent to supply, possessing 11.45gms of cocaine with intent to supply and a further charge of possessing 0.3gms of cannabis.
He was charged after police approached him in Chantry Park on May 11 at about 11.40am.
You may also want to watch:
The officers found a total of 118 wraps of drugs, 24 or which were on Prentice while the others were retrieved from nearby bushes.
Judge Cooper sent the case to Ipswich Crown Court when he decided his sentencing powers were not severe enough.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 6 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
When Prentice was brought before the crown court, he was sentenced to 40 months in jail for each offence of possessing Class A drugs with intent to supply, to run concurrently.
For the offence of possessing cannabis, he was given no separate penalty.
Prentice is the latest drug dealer jailed after being arrested as part of Operation Academy, Suffolk police's blitz on the people who deal drugs in Ipswich.
Do you think drugs are a problem in Ipswich? What do you think of this case? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com.