Death crash driver named
Police have today named a man who died following a road traffic collision a west Suffolk village.
Police have today named a man who died following a road traffic collision in a west Suffolk village.
Officers were called to Front Street in Ousden, near Newmarket, at 7.15pm on Sunday after a blue Ford Ranger left the road outside a farm and collided with bushes and a tree.
The ambulance and fire services were also sent and a man was freed from the pick-up truck and taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds where he later died.
You may also want to watch:
He was today named as 23-year-old Thomas Carr from Dalham.
A police spokeswoman said: “An investigation into the crash is underway, and officers want to speak to anyone who may have seen the truck prior to the collision or witnessed the collision itself.”
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
Anybody with information should contact Pc Daniel Ormes at the serious collision investigation team at police headquarters on
An inquest into his death will be opened and adjourned later today at the Coroner's Office in Bury.