Death crash suspect in hospital
A 33-year-old man arrested on Friday in connection with the deaths of two Ipswich schoolboys is under police observation in hospital.The man, who has not been named, was arrested in Key Street after his car collided into a wall.
A 33-year-old man arrested on Friday in connection with the deaths of two Ipswich schoolboys is under police observation in hospital.
The man, who has not been named, was arrested in Key Street after his car collided into a wall. He was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop after an accident and on suspicion of driving under the influence of drink or drugs.
It is believed he was driving the car which knocked down and killed Scott Towler and Dean Bloomfield, both 15.
After his arrest on Friday, the man was not thought to be injured, but on Saturday morning a police surgeon was called and he was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police said he was not technically under arrest while he was in hospital but would be when he is released from hospital, which is likely to be on Monday.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 8 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead