Death crash suspect in hospital
A 33-year-old man arrested on Friday in connection with the deaths of two Ipswich schoolboys is under police observation in hospital.The man, who has not been named, was arrested in Key Street after his car collided into a wall.
A 33-year-old man arrested on Friday in connection with the deaths of two Ipswich schoolboys is under police observation in hospital.
The man, who has not been named, was arrested in Key Street after his car collided into a wall. He was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop after an accident and on suspicion of driving under the influence of drink or drugs.
It is believed he was driving the car which knocked down and killed Scott Towler and Dean Bloomfield, both 15.
After his arrest on Friday, the man was not thought to be injured, but on Saturday morning a police surgeon was called and he was taken to hospital.
Police said he was not technically under arrest while he was in hospital but would be when he is released from hospital, which is likely to be on Monday.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 Cladding replacement work on Ipswich Waterfront flats delayed until new year