Death crash teen named
POLICE today named a 17-year-old motorist who suffered fatal injuries in an accident on a Suffolk road.Ben Oakes, of Manor Road, Bungay, died in hospital after a Vauxhall Vectra he was travelling in overturned after hitting a bank in Flixton Road, between Bungay and Flixton.
POLICE today named a 17-year-old motorist who suffered fatal injuries in an accident on a Suffolk road.
Ben Oakes, of Manor Road, Bungay, died in hospital after a Vauxhall Vectra he was travelling in overturned after hitting a bank in Flixton Road, between Bungay and Flixton.
Two other men, both from the Bungay area, are still in hospital following yesterday's accident, which happened at about 3pm. The pair were also travelling in the car.
A 30-year-old man suffered a broken leg and broken arm, while an 18-year-old man suffered a broken pelvis and hip, shoulder and chest injuries. Both are being treated at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought the silver Vauxhall Vectra had overtaken several other vehicles, including a blue van, before the collision.
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the accident or who saw the vehicle in the area to contact them on 01986 835350.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
- 10 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit