Death crash teen named
POLICE today named a 17-year-old motorist who suffered fatal injuries in an accident on a Suffolk road.Ben Oakes, of Manor Road, Bungay, died in hospital after a Vauxhall Vectra he was travelling in overturned after hitting a bank in Flixton Road, between Bungay and Flixton.
POLICE today named a 17-year-old motorist who suffered fatal injuries in an accident on a Suffolk road.
Ben Oakes, of Manor Road, Bungay, died in hospital after a Vauxhall Vectra he was travelling in overturned after hitting a bank in Flixton Road, between Bungay and Flixton.
Two other men, both from the Bungay area, are still in hospital following yesterday's accident, which happened at about 3pm. The pair were also travelling in the car.
A 30-year-old man suffered a broken leg and broken arm, while an 18-year-old man suffered a broken pelvis and hip, shoulder and chest injuries. Both are being treated at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
It is thought the silver Vauxhall Vectra had overtaken several other vehicles, including a blue van, before the collision.
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the accident or who saw the vehicle in the area to contact them on 01986 835350.
- 1 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 2 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 5 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
- 10 Orwell Bridge reduced speed limit 'likely' as Storm Barra hits Suffolk