Death on travellers' site not suspicious
POLICE are no longer treating the death of a man on the outskirts of Ipswich as suspicious.An investigation swung into action yesterday morning after paramedics alerted police to the death at the travellers' site at West Meadows, near Asda.
POLICE are no longer treating the death of a man on the outskirts of Ipswich as suspicious.
An investigation swung into action yesterday morning after paramedics alerted police to the death at the travellers' site at West Meadows, near Asda.
A 999 call was received from a mobile telephone shortly after 9am saying that a man had suffered a cardiac arrest.
An ambulance crew attended the scene but the man lost his fight for life while paramedics were there. They subsequently called police.
You may also want to watch:
The site was immediately sealed off and a police officer and traffic warden stood guard for much of the day monitoring residents entering and leaving the site.
The police helicopter circled over the area as detectives and uniformed officers began their investigations into what was initially being treated as an unexplained death.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 5 New special school planned for former BT site
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
However, following a post mortem examination yesterday evening police ended their operation.
A police spokesman said: "Police are no longer treating this death as suspicious.
"The details of the deceased will not be released until all the next of kin have been informed."
The West Meadows site is the only Ipswich site for travellers, set up after a major campaign to find them a home.
The nine-and-a-half acre site was built in the 1980s to provide a permanent home for Ipswich gypsies.