Decomposed body found in home
A MIDDLE-aged woman who died suddenly in her home was found partially decomposed, the Evening Star can reveal today.The body of Lesley Page, 54, of Mayfields, Martlesham Heath, was discovered on Monday .
A MIDDLE-aged woman who died suddenly in her home was found partially decomposed, the Evening Star can reveal today.
The body of Lesley Page, 54, of Mayfields, Martlesham Heath, was discovered on Monday .
A police spokesman said: "We were called to a sudden death at an address in Mayfields at around 10.15am.
"There were no suspicious circumstances."
Police were informed after a member of the public contacted the ambulance service.
An ambulance spokesman said: "We received a call just after 10.15am on Monday to say that a female had collapsed in a house in Martlesham Heath."
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 8 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 9 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
- 10 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
When emergency workers arrived at the scene they discovered the body of Ms Page and her pet dog nearby.
It is believed Ms Page lived on her own and it is thought she may have been dead for several days.
No details on what kind of dog she owned, or what has happened to it now, were available.
Neighbours in the quiet suburban close were today too upset to talk.
The cause of her death is unknown but police have confirmed an inquest will be held in due course.
N Did you know Ms Page? Would you like to pay tribute to her? Contact the Evening Star newsdesk on 01473 324789.