Delay for new resort night spot
NIGHTCLUBBERS in Felixstowe may have to wait up to two months until a new addition to their nightlife opens its doors.Club Blue was to be fully refitted and opened by this week at a cost of £100,000 but due to building problems the workmen have predicted a lengthy delay.
NIGHTCLUBBERS in Felixstowe may have to wait up to two months until a new addition to their nightlife opens its doors.
Club Blue was to be fully refitted and opened by this week at a cost of £100,000 but due to building problems the workmen have predicted a lengthy delay.
Also the £60,000 Bar Blue, which will be based below Club Blue next to Manning's Amusements in Sea Road, has also had its opening postponed and should be open in three week's time after a six week delay.
Rikki Double, a director of Belmont Promotions, said: "We're slightly behind schedule purely from the point that we have had a little bit more remedial work than we first anticipated - making the floors right and things like that but we're looking forward to be on schedule for the start of October.
"Everything is going according to plan, the structural work took longer than anticipated but I would rather put the start date back than rush things."
Mr Double said he did not have an exact open date yet but when one was decided he would start advertising for staff.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
When the bar finally opens its doors it will be serving food and drink through the day and then remain open later for the night-time revellers.
Among its attractions will be a large TV screen and other smaller monitors for customers to watch football matches and other sporting events. The company has also planned to create a chilled out atmosphere by using lighting which will continually change the colour of the walls and bar area.
The premises in Sea Road, next to Manning's Amusements, have been empty since Bar None and The Wave nightclub closed earlier this year.
The new Felixstowe nightspot is among several other Blue branded clubs sprouting up over Suffolk.