Delays as part of M25 closed
DRIVERS are being warned of serious delays on the M25 after a crash which has seen a stretch of the road closed.
POLICE are today appealing for witnesses to a crash on the Essex stretch of the M25 which claimed the life of a motorist.
The collision between three lorries and a car happened near Navestock on the anti-clockwise carriageway at about 11.30am today.
The car driver was pronounced dead at the scene as the entire carriageway was closed between junctions 28 and 27.
One lorry driver, a 23-year-old man from Spalding in Lincolnshire, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by careless driving.
You may also want to watch:
He is being questioned at Brentwood police station.
Any witnesses to the crash are urged to contact Chigwell Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 10 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault