Delays expected in College Street, Ipswich, as one lane is closed for Anglian Water work this week
- Credit: Anglian Water
One lane of College Street in Ipswich will be closed this week while Anglian Water carries out maintenance work.
Work began on Monday, and is due to last all week.
An Anglian Water spokeswoman said: “The works on College Street and Foundry Road are part of our planned maintenance and improvement programme.
“To make sure our sewers are working as they should we’ve closed a lane on College Street and closed Foundry Road to fully inspect them and use CCTV cameras to see inside the sewer pipe.
“Over the last year we’ve surveyed nearly 100km of sewer in Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
“This helps us identify and repair any damaged sections of sewer before they cause disruption for road users and customers.”
Motorists are being advised the work is likely to cause delays at peak times.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich