Delays expected on A14 and Nacton Road/Landseer Road in Ipswich as police escort dump truck from Cambridgeshire
- Credit: citizenside.com
Motorists have been warned to expect delays in Suffolk later this week when a large load travels through the county.
The load will contain a dump truck - measuring 5m wide, 26m long and nearly 5m high.
The dump truck is setting off from Quy Bridge in Cambridgeshire to Cliff Quay, Ipswich Docks. It is departing at 9am on Wednesday.
Because of the size of the load, which weighs 116,000kg, it will be escorted by police during its journey.
The dump truck will leave Cambridgeshire and head on to the A14, passing Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket before reaching the Copdock junction.
You may also want to watch:
From there, it will travel into Ipswich, making its way along Nacton Road, Landseer Road and Toller Road before arriving at Cliff Quay. An estimated time of arrival has not been issued,
Suffolk Constabulary has warned people to expect major delays along all of these routes while the dump truck makes its journey to Ipswich.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned