Delays on A14 at Copdock after lorry sheds its load of mattresses
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
A lorry carrying a cargo of mattresses and bed frames has shed its load causing delays for drivers on the A14 in Suffolk.
Suffolk police received reports of an accident on the westbound carriageway near Copdock at around 9.25am.
A police spokesman said the lorry shed its load of mattresses and bed frames, which had been left in the carriageway.
The obstructions were removed soon after but it took a while longer to get the lorry out of the carriageway.
By 10am, however, the road was completely clear, police said.
A spokesman added that there was some ongoing congestion in the area, following the accident.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail