Description issued of men in raids at Ipswich Town Football Club where expensive wine drunk
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
Police have issued descriptions of men they would like to speak to after a pair of break-ins at Ipswich Town Football Club in Portman Road last week resulted in expensive wine being drunk, a food fight breaking out and TVs being stolen.
Suffolk police officers were called on Monday, October 9, to reports that at least two people had gained access to the club’s grounds in Portman Road.
Police said it happened sometime between 7.45pm on Saturday, October 7 and 6.20am the following day, where food and drink was stolen.
It is understood that some expensive wine was drunk and a food fight broke out using frozen cheesecakes.
Officers now believe a desktop computer and a laptop were also stolen.
A second break-in then happened on Tuesday, October 10, when offenders got into the club sometime between 9.10pm and 10.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A force spokeswoman said two plasma TV screens and alcohol had been stolen.
Officers are linking the two break-ins, with as many as four people possibly being involved in the second raid.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
Investigating officers have issued descriptions of two people, both believed to be men, who were seen in the Portman Road car park between 6.20am and 6.50am on Sunday, October 8, who they would like to speak to.
The first suspect is described as white with dark hair, who was wearing a black Adidas jacket with three stripes on the arm, grey trousers, and carrying a black Adidas rucksack.
The second suspect is described as white, of skinny build and was wearing a blue jacket with a black hoodie underneath – which was worn up – and grey trousers.
An investigation into the pair of incidents is ongoing, and officers are asking anyone who may have information or recognises the descriptions to get in touch.
A spokesman from the club said: “We can confirm there have been two incidents over the last week of intrusion at the stadium.
“The police are aware and are investigating.
“We have increased our security as a matter of course.”
Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious or has any information should contact police on 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.