Desperate search for missing brother
A FAMILY have made a desperate plea to try and find their missing brother.Stephen Moss, 46, who lives in Ipswich, has been missing for a month.Now his sister Anita Short, from the Wirral in Merseyside, is desperately trying to find her brother who had been receiving treated for depression.
A FAMILY have made a desperate plea to try and find their missing brother.
Stephen Moss, 46, who lives in Ipswich, has been missing for a month.
Now his sister Anita Short, from the Wirral in Merseyside, is desperately trying to find her brother who had been receiving treated for depression.
Over the years Mrs Short had got used to not hearing from her brother for sometimes a year at a time but then he would renew contact with her and her partner Brian Howling.
"But at the weekend we had a visit from the Merseyside police who were following up and inquiry on behalf of the police in Ipswich to see if we had heard from Stephen," said Mr Howling.
Mr Moss had not been in contact with his sister or her partner for four years and Mr Howling, said: "When the Merseyside police told us that the Ipswich police were treating Stephen as a missing person we became extremely concerned. He had not been seen since May 14 and they had reason to believe that he may harm himself.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
"Anita tried several times to contact Stephen during the past four years but letters have gone unanswered. We are now very concerned for his safety in light of the information given us by the police and hope that someone in the Ipswich area may know where he is."
Stephen Moss age 46 about 5ft 10in, of dark complexion with short dark hair and is of medium build.
Mr Howling said Mr Moss' last known address was 11, The Centre, Stoke Park Drive, Ipswich.
Ipswich police confirmed they had been notified of the disappearance by St Clements Hospital in Ipswich where Mr Moss was a voluntary patient.
He had not been seen since he left the hospital grounds at lunchtime on May 14.
He is known to have contacts in Norfolk as well as Liverpool, said a police spokeswoman.
Anyone who may know the whereabouts of Mr Moss should call the duty inspector at Ipswich police station on 01473 613500.