Desperate search for missing brother
A FAMILY have made a desperate plea to try and find their missing brother.Stephen Moss, 46, who lives in Ipswich, has been missing for a month.Now his sister Anita Short, from the Wirral in Merseyside, is desperately trying to find her brother who had been receiving treated for depression.
A FAMILY have made a desperate plea to try and find their missing brother.
Stephen Moss, 46, who lives in Ipswich, has been missing for a month.
Now his sister Anita Short, from the Wirral in Merseyside, is desperately trying to find her brother who had been receiving treated for depression.
Over the years Mrs Short had got used to not hearing from her brother for sometimes a year at a time but then he would renew contact with her and her partner Brian Howling.
You may also want to watch:
"But at the weekend we had a visit from the Merseyside police who were following up and inquiry on behalf of the police in Ipswich to see if we had heard from Stephen," said Mr Howling.
Mr Moss had not been in contact with his sister or her partner for four years and Mr Howling, said: "When the Merseyside police told us that the Ipswich police were treating Stephen as a missing person we became extremely concerned. He had not been seen since May 14 and they had reason to believe that he may harm himself.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 3 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 4 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 7 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 8 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 9 'Paper' loss does not affect Ipswich council's income from property - Ellesmere
- 10 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
"Anita tried several times to contact Stephen during the past four years but letters have gone unanswered. We are now very concerned for his safety in light of the information given us by the police and hope that someone in the Ipswich area may know where he is."
Stephen Moss age 46 about 5ft 10in, of dark complexion with short dark hair and is of medium build.
Mr Howling said Mr Moss' last known address was 11, The Centre, Stoke Park Drive, Ipswich.
Ipswich police confirmed they had been notified of the disappearance by St Clements Hospital in Ipswich where Mr Moss was a voluntary patient.
He had not been seen since he left the hospital grounds at lunchtime on May 14.
He is known to have contacts in Norfolk as well as Liverpool, said a police spokeswoman.
Anyone who may know the whereabouts of Mr Moss should call the duty inspector at Ipswich police station on 01473 613500.