Details revealed of immigrants who were chased down by the public at Ransomes Europark in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
More details have emerged about 13 men who jumped out the back of a lorry at Ransomes Europark in Ipswich yesterday.
Members of the public chased the men down the street after they arrived at Debach Enterprises at around 3.15pm. Home Office immigration enforcement officers assisted Suffolk Constabulary with the detention of the suspected illegal immigrants.
A Home Office spokesman said 11 of the men claimed they were from Iraq and two from Iran.
One of the Iraqis was independently age assessed as a minor and passed to the care of social services.
He said an Iranian and an Iraqi were released and must report regularly to the Home Office while their cases were considered.
The others remain detained.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said anyone found to have no right to remain in the UK would face removal from the country.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood