Development could motor on
APARTMENTS with balconies could be created at a former Ipswich motorbike shop.Another two storeys would be built on top of the three-storey Norwich Road premises formerly occupied by Revetts, to accommodate the 22 flats.
APARTMENTS with balconies could be created at a former Ipswich motorbike shop.
Another two storeys would be built on top of the three-storey Norwich Road premises formerly occupied by Revetts, to accommodate the 22 flats.
Downstairs would be turned into two shops.
A previous planning application featuring more flats and a taller roof extension was withdrawn earlier this year on the advice of planning officers.
Councillors at the development control meeting tomorrow are to be recommended to agree the development, with conditions.
A report to be considered states: "This building is an unattractive landmark on a prominent arterial road, and refurbishment is welcome in principle.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 5 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 6 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 7 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 8 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 9 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 10 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
"This area of Norwich Road is characterised by buildings of varying height. It is considered that the proposals would simply add to this variety without being unduly obtrusive in the area."