Development could motor on
APARTMENTS with balconies could be created at a former Ipswich motorbike shop.Another two storeys would be built on top of the three-storey Norwich Road premises formerly occupied by Revetts, to accommodate the 22 flats.
APARTMENTS with balconies could be created at a former Ipswich motorbike shop.
Another two storeys would be built on top of the three-storey Norwich Road premises formerly occupied by Revetts, to accommodate the 22 flats.
Downstairs would be turned into two shops.
A previous planning application featuring more flats and a taller roof extension was withdrawn earlier this year on the advice of planning officers.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors at the development control meeting tomorrow are to be recommended to agree the development, with conditions.
A report to be considered states: "This building is an unattractive landmark on a prominent arterial road, and refurbishment is welcome in principle.
- 1 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 2 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 3 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 4 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 5 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 6 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 7 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 8 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 9 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 10 New River Church opens its doors on Ipswich Waterfront
"This area of Norwich Road is characterised by buildings of varying height. It is considered that the proposals would simply add to this variety without being unduly obtrusive in the area."