Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 6°C

min temp: -3°C

Search

Devin's careless hand

PUBLISHED: 14:14 25 August 2001 | UPDATED: 10:28 03 March 2010

A NINE-YEAR-OLD Ipswich boy has firefighters to thank again after he got his finger stuck in one of the locks in his new home just two days after moving in.

A NINE-YEAR-OLD Ipswich boy has firefighters to thank again after he got his finger stuck in one of the locks in his new home just two days after moving in.

For it is not the first time Devin Armstrong had tried unsuccessfully to fit himself in to a small place. In his family's previous house his mum was forced to call out the fire service when the youngster got his head stuck in the bannister.

This time the nine-year-old, who lives near Hawthorn Drive, was messing about with the door when he realised he was well and truly stuck.

"It really was quite comical but at the time he started to panic because he thought they were going to cut his finger off," said his embarrassed mum.

"This is only our second day in this house so we have made quite an impression.

"This isn't the first time he has done something like this, in our old home he got his head stuck in the bannister and I had to hold his head until the fire service arrived.

"It just goes to show that parents need to keep a really close eye on their children especially while they are on holidays."

Devin himself was a little sheepish about his escapade, "I did panic a bit but I feel a bit of a wally now." His twin brother Dominique agreed, "He was a complete idiot!"

Firefighters were called at around 2.20pm on Friday to rescue him but instead of the usual pumps, hoses and ladders, all that was needed was a large bowl of soapy water and some elbow grease.

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists