Did Ipswich man James Scharmann make it to Fernando’s on ITV’s Take Me Out?
- Credit: Archant
SPOILER ALERT: Did Ipswich man James Scharmann whisk a date off to the isle of Fernando’s? Find out here.
“Congratulations James, you’ve got yourself a date...”
Ipswich Town season ticket holder James Scharmann heard those words from Paddy McGuinness on the last episode of the tenth series of Take Me Out, which aired Saturday on ITV.
James, who came down the ‘love lift’ dancing to the song Worth It by Fifth Harmony, saw only six girls of the ‘flirty thirty’ contestants turn their lights off after he introduced himself.
The second round featured a video clip of James walking out at Portman Road before confessing to be known as a “statman”.
He also admitted that the team he plays for – Leiston Orient – paid a £10 transfer fee for his services.
The ladies were less impressed after watching the video and 14 turned their lights off.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 5 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 6 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
In the final round, only two of the remaining ten girls switched their lights off despite an embarrassing story told by one of James’ friends that he did not know how to use a pizza cutter.
With the power in his hands, the Town fan then turned off eight lights to leave Bristol Rovers fan Han, and keen footballer Chloe.
James chose to take Bristolian Han to Fernando’s – which is actually located on Tenerife’s northern coast.
As it was the last episode of the series, Saturday’s dates were also shown and James and Han struck it off from the start.
Han, 25, said: “It’s definitely going to help that we both love football.”
The date hit a rocky moment when Han threw James’ comb away after a trip horse riding, but after the pair showed each other their goal celebrations, it was all smiles again.
The couple confessed that they would both love to see each other again before walking off into the sunset.
Elsewhere on the show, Steve from Luton, a budding actor, failed to get the nod of approval and left without a date, while George, a Nottingham student, impressed the ladies with his ‘budgie smuggler’ pants and picked Olivia.
Lifeguard and wannabe wrestler Callum, from Dorset, chose Danielle.
We’ll be catching up with James to find out more soon.