Did you remember to pack the gnomes? Travelodge publish list of strangest things left in its hotels
- Credit: Archant
If you’re looking to pick up a new front door or perhaps a pet hamster you usually have to go to a specialist shop.
However staff at Travelodges around Ipswich have found both of these, along with some other odd items of lost property, at work.
The company has today released a list of some of the most bizarre items left behind at its hotels.
Shakila Ahmed, Travelodge Spokeswoman said: “As a result of Travelodge changing for a new modern look and feel, more new business customers and families have been staying at our hotels.
Therefore this year’s lost and found inventory list has revealed some new unique items being left behind such as a Coutts cheque book, a business contract for an online company, an antique dolls house, a child’s Porsche car, a Starwars Storm Trooper outfit and a feng shui aquarium.
You may also want to watch:
“Our 2014 left behind register also revealed how much smart technology has become a part of our everyday lives as we had 12,000 tablets and smartphones left behind in the last 12 months. This is a significant increase from previous years.
“What is becoming evident after speaking to our customers is that the pace of life has become so fast and we are so eager to get from A to B that valuable possessions are easily being forgotten.”
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 10 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
Some of the stranger items left behind in Suffolk include:
n Ipswich Central: Little Tikes children’s car, business presentation, suitcase full of Beano comics, diamond ring.
n Ipswich Beacon Hill: Wooden paint pallet, venetian mirror, family of garden gnomes, new front door.
n Ipswich Capel St Mary: Message in a bottle, hamster in its roller ball.
The top ten left behind items at Travelodge hotels are:
n Chargers for mobile phones and other electronic devices
n Mobile phones
n Toiletry bags and contents
n Teddy bears
n Electric toothbrushes
n Sat nav