Did you remember to pack the gnomes? Travelodge publish list of strangest things left in its hotels
- Credit: Archant
If you’re looking to pick up a new front door or perhaps a pet hamster you usually have to go to a specialist shop.
However staff at Travelodges around Ipswich have found both of these, along with some other odd items of lost property, at work.
The company has today released a list of some of the most bizarre items left behind at its hotels.
Shakila Ahmed, Travelodge Spokeswoman said: “As a result of Travelodge changing for a new modern look and feel, more new business customers and families have been staying at our hotels.
Therefore this year’s lost and found inventory list has revealed some new unique items being left behind such as a Coutts cheque book, a business contract for an online company, an antique dolls house, a child’s Porsche car, a Starwars Storm Trooper outfit and a feng shui aquarium.
“Our 2014 left behind register also revealed how much smart technology has become a part of our everyday lives as we had 12,000 tablets and smartphones left behind in the last 12 months. This is a significant increase from previous years.
“What is becoming evident after speaking to our customers is that the pace of life has become so fast and we are so eager to get from A to B that valuable possessions are easily being forgotten.”
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 5 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 6 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
Some of the stranger items left behind in Suffolk include:
n Ipswich Central: Little Tikes children’s car, business presentation, suitcase full of Beano comics, diamond ring.
n Ipswich Beacon Hill: Wooden paint pallet, venetian mirror, family of garden gnomes, new front door.
n Ipswich Capel St Mary: Message in a bottle, hamster in its roller ball.
The top ten left behind items at Travelodge hotels are:
n Chargers for mobile phones and other electronic devices
n Mobile phones
n Toiletry bags and contents
n Teddy bears
n Electric toothbrushes
n Sat nav