Did you take part in this custard pie throwing contest in Ipswich in 1986?
- Credit: Archant
In 1986, Ipswich residents had great fun as there was a custard pie throwing contest in the town.
It’s not every day you’re allowed to throw custard pies around, but in 1986 it happened in Ipswich as two unlucky people were handcuffed to a pole to face the wrath of those armed with the sweet treat.
Pictures from the day show adults and children enjoying the whole experince, preparing the custard pies together to throw at the unlucky two, there were also wet sponges thrown as part of the contest.
Did you know there is a World Custard Pie Championships which celebrated it’s 50th anniversary in Kent last month? It saw 34 teams sign up for the event with more than 2,000 pies thrown at the battles.
It started in the 1960s with the help of local children’s entertainer Mr Pastry and has attracted TV crews and teams from around the world.
You may also want to watch:
Were you there or involved in the custard pie throwing contest? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 3 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 4 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Tesco introduces permanent quiet hours at its stores
- 7 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 Everything you need to know about inflatable Waterfront sculpture
- 10 Fresh warning to parents after children re-enact Squid Game on playgrounds