Did you watch these Morris dancers as they travelled through Felixstowe in 1991?
- Credit: Archant
It is not a pastime that is enjoyed quietly, and the people of Felixstowe were certainly aware when this parade of Morris dancers travelled through the town in 1991.
Recognised as an early English cultural tradition, Morris dancing is a type of folk dancing where the members rhythmically step whilst wearing and carrying bells.
Young and old turned out to watch the spectacle, with the dancers accompanied by circus performers and live percussionists who moved with the display.
Can you see yourself among the crowd in these photographs from the parade in 1991?
Have you watched or been a part of the parade since?
To share your memories and photographs with us, send us an email
For more nostalgic pictures from across Suffolk, and to share your own, visit our Ipswich Remembers Facebook group.
Here, you can find a community of people sharing stories, experiences and nostalgic images from around the town. You might find an old school friend or neighbour on the group.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 4 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 5 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 7 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 8 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 9 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 10 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph