Diesel spill causes hold-ups in Ipswich
MOTORISTS coming into Ipswich along Key Street today had to steer carefully to avoid a diesel spill.Police were called to attend the 80ft diesel spill at around 9.
MOTORISTS coming into Ipswich along Key Street today had to steer carefully to avoid a diesel spill.
Police were called to attend the 80ft diesel spill at around 9.40pm yesterday and council officials later covered the area with sand.
The area was coned off until around 7.30am today and the road was later opened to traffic.
Two sets of skid marks were seen on the path near to the spill, although police said they had no reports of any accidents.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists in the area were subjected to slight delays as vehicles slowed to pass the sanded area.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 7 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 8 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 9 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 10 Cheers! Ipswich pubs and restaurants welcome first indoor guests of 2021