Diesel spill causes hold-ups in Ipswich
MOTORISTS coming into Ipswich along Key Street today had to steer carefully to avoid a diesel spill.Police were called to attend the 80ft diesel spill at around 9.
MOTORISTS coming into Ipswich along Key Street today had to steer carefully to avoid a diesel spill.
Police were called to attend the 80ft diesel spill at around 9.40pm yesterday and council officials later covered the area with sand.
The area was coned off until around 7.30am today and the road was later opened to traffic.
Two sets of skid marks were seen on the path near to the spill, although police said they had no reports of any accidents.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists in the area were subjected to slight delays as vehicles slowed to pass the sanded area.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Hospital site at St Clement's in Ipswich transformed into homes
- 3 New axe-throwing bar with crazy golf and cocktails could be coming to Buttermarket
- 4 How developers hope to bring 'important' town centre building back to use
- 5 See the faces of the criminals who have been jailed in Suffolk this week
- 6 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 7 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 8 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 9 Fisons site owners seeking pre-application advice on fire-hit site
- 10 Invitation-only for booster jabs this autumn and winter