Diggers move in...again
FURIOUS residents of Nacton Road couldn't believe their eyes when diggers moved in to start work in front of their homes today.Their drives and the green areas in front of their homes have only just been improved by Ipswich Council.
By Paul Geater
FURIOUS residents of Nacton Road couldn't believe their eyes when diggers moved in to start work in front of their homes today.
Their drives and the green areas in front of their homes have only just been improved by Ipswich Council.
Now contractors working for electricity distribution company 24Seven have started digging up the newly-completed roadside.
You may also want to watch:
The work has made local residents like Tony Reynolds see red.
"The council spent months improving the look of the area. Now that the work has finally been finished, we have 24Seven coming along and doing this.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 4 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 5 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 8 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
"It had been finished well and was looking really good – now they've come in and started digging it all up again. I couldn't believe it. Why didn't they do this at the same time," he said.
A spokesman for 24Seven said the work was being carried out by a contractor because of fears that a cable was leaking.
He said 33,000 volt cables were filled with oil, and one of these was believed to be leaking.
Three holes were being dug in the road to try to find the leak and insert a new piece of cable as a preventative measure.