‘Disney’ Kittens stolen during raid on RSPCA shelter in Martlesham
- Credit: Archant
Two vulnerable 12-week-old kittens have been stolen during a raid on an RSPCA animal shelter in Martlesham.
Staff at the Suffolk East and Ipswich RSPCA Branch say there are desperately concerned for the welfare of siblings Pluto and Lilo as they had been on a special diet because both suffer from stomach problems.
The break in is believed to have happened between 4.30pm last night and 8.20am today, Tuesday January 3.
“They were found as strays when they were just a week old,” said Donna Rich, animal care assistant at the branch.
“We have been looking after them ever since.
You may also want to watch:
“They are only 12 weeks old, they are tiny little things.
“It is very shocking.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 4 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 5 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
“To think these kittens didn’t have the best start to life and then this happens.”
Pluto is described as a male black and white kitten and Lilo a female dark tortoise shell kitten.
“We call them our Disney kittens,” said Donna.
“Whether it is someone that didn’t want to pay the adoption fee or someone we turned down because they are not suitable I just don’t know.
“They have only got their first vaccination and are due their second very soon.
“They are also on a special diet to help their stomachs.
“The police have been here to take fingerprints and footprints.
“By the looks of it the thieves have crow barred their way in.”
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called today just before 8.20 this morning to reports staff at the branch had come in and found that two kittens had gone missing.
“It looks like entry had been forced but there was no damage to the building or door.”
She said police were currently reviewing possible CCTV footage.
If you have any information on the whereabouts of Pluto and Lilo please call police on 101.