Distraction burglars strike in Suffolk
POLICE are warning people to be extra vigilant following two distraction burglaries in the space of an hour in Suffolk today.The first instance took place at 1.15pm today in Benacre Road, Ipswich.
POLICE are warning people to be extra vigilant following two distraction burglaries in the space of an hour in Suffolk today.
The first instance took place at 1.15pm at Benacre Road, Ipswich, when men gained access to the home, claiming to be from the water board.
It is not yet clear if anything was stolen by the men.
The second incident took place at Vicarage Road, Felixstowe, at about 2.25pm.
Men, again claiming to be from the water board, gained access to the house and it is believed some cash was taken.
Police are advising people not to allow anyone into their homes unless they have relevant identification.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 4 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 5 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 6 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 7 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 8 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 'Amazing start' for baker who sells treats out of horsebox
Anyone with concerns is asked to contact police on 01473 613500.