Distraction burglars strike in Suffolk
POLICE are warning people to be extra vigilant following two distraction burglaries in the space of an hour in Suffolk today.The first instance took place at 1.15pm today in Benacre Road, Ipswich.
POLICE are warning people to be extra vigilant following two distraction burglaries in the space of an hour in Suffolk today.
The first instance took place at 1.15pm at Benacre Road, Ipswich, when men gained access to the home, claiming to be from the water board.
It is not yet clear if anything was stolen by the men.
The second incident took place at Vicarage Road, Felixstowe, at about 2.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
Men, again claiming to be from the water board, gained access to the house and it is believed some cash was taken.
Police are advising people not to allow anyone into their homes unless they have relevant identification.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
Anyone with concerns is asked to contact police on 01473 613500.