Dixons jobs boost
ELECTRICAL giant Dixons is hoping to move to a larger store in central Ipswich as part of a drive to improve customer service.The company is hoping to move to a two-storey unit in the Buttermarket shopping centre to expand its presence in the town.
ELECTRICAL giant Dixons is hoping to move to a larger store in central Ipswich as part of a drive to improve customer service.
The company is hoping to move to a two-storey unit in the Buttermarket shopping centre to expand its presence in the town.
It currently occupies a comparatively small shop unit in Tavern Street.
The new store would also be much nearer a car park - underneath the shopping centre - which is seen as vital for customers who may buy bulky items such as televisions, Computers or DVD players.
You may also want to watch:
It would be part of the growing Dixons XL brand of larger stores.
Dixons today announced it was taking on an extra 2,000 staff across Britain - including 100 in East Anglia.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 3 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 4 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 6 Drink-driver reversed into car while banned from the road
- 7 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 8 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 9 Man who spat at neighbour in racist attack given community order
- 10 'Teaching means the world' - school in Ipswich unveils new deputy head
It made the announcement as it reported an increase in profits of 11 percent and comes just weeks after announcing that 106 smaller stores across the country would be closing.
A spokeswoman for the company was today unable to confirm when Dixons would move to the Buttermarket, or how many new jobs would be created in Ipswich as a result of the move.