Do you have a walk-in wardrobe, wine fridge or Sonos? New survey rates ‘poshness’ of Ipswich homes
- Credit: Getty Images/Pixland
A new survey has highlighted the most obvious signs of affluence, find put how you score by taking our quiz.
If you have a home office, a range cooker, a children’s playroom, a wine fridge, a walk-in wardrobe or a vinyl record collection, you could belong to a “mass affluent” household, according to insurer LV=.
They carried out research among 1,000 households with incomes of £57,000-plus to find the key signs around the house of affluence.
More than one in three (37%) people surveyed had a home office, while nearly one in five (18%) have vinyl collections.
One in seven (13%) have a children’s playroom in the house while 11% have a walk-in wardrobe.
Collections of artwork were also popular indicators, as were under-floor heating, luxury paint and high-tech music systems.
LV= said increases in disposable income in recent decades have created a multitude of “mass affluent” home owners, many of whom have not considered the true worth of their possessions when it comes to insuring them.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 7 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 10 Woman admits assault after bringing knife to victim's home
Selwyn Fernandes, managing director of LV home insurance, said: “It’s important your policy limits reflect what you own.”
Here are the top items or features in a house which indicate the owners are “mid-net-worth” households, according to the research from LV=, followed by the percentages of people surveyed who said they had these features in their home.
<noscript><ul id="questions"><li>Do you have a home office?</li><li>Do you have a vinyl collection and/or a piece of limited edition art?</li><li>Do you have a playroom, a music delivery system such as Sonos, or under-floor heating, or a combination of these luxuries?</li><li>Do you have a nutrient extractor such as a NutriBullet and/or a wine fridge?</li><li>Do you have a walk-in wardbrobe?</li><li>Do you have a range cooker such as an Aga in your kitchen? Or do you use high-end wall coverings such as Farrow & Ball paint? Perhaps you have both?</li></ul></noscript></ul>