Do you remember when the street scenes of Ipswich looked like this?
The landscape of Ipswich has changed dramatically over the past 80 years, with the population of the town increasing considerably and the town expanding to accommodate it.
Some buildings have stood the test of time and have been in the town for over 400 years, while others have failed to last half a century before being demolished to make way for new housing developments, offices and leisure centres.
A number of Ipswich schools, housing estates and parks remain only in our memories.
But these photographs of Ipswich from days gone by have captured what life once looked like in Suffolk’s county town.
Do you remember these street scenes?
If you love taking a look back at what Ipswich was like 80 years ago, like our Ipswich Remembers Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
Here, you can find a community of people sharing stories, experiences and nostalgic images from around the town.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 9 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 10 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison