Dock crash lorry driver named
POLICE today named the lorry driver who was killed when his articulated vehicle overturned on a roundabout outside the Port of Felixstowe.Steven Roberts, 38, of Southampton, died in the incident outside Dock Gate One last Wednesday tea-time after being trapped in his truck when it rolled over.
POLICE today named the lorry driver who was killed when his articulated vehicle overturned on a roundabout outside the Port of Felixstowe.
Steven Roberts, 38, of Southampton, died in the incident outside Dock Gate One last Wednesday tea-time after being trapped in his truck when it rolled over.
An inquest was opened into his death in Southampton and was adjourned for a date to be fixed for the full hearing, pending the outcome of police investigations into the crash.
Mr Roberts' family have requested that no more details are released at this stage.
Police, paramedics and firefighters were called to the crash. Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service crews from Felixstowe and Ipswich used hydraulic cutting equipment to release him.
Mr Roberts was pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 9 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
It is understood he had been heading for the port when the accident happened.
The road was closed for more than six hours while heavy lifting gear was used to recover the vehicle.