Docks murder probe: body named
A MAN discovered dead at Ipswich docks has been named today as 49-year-old Bronislaw Backiel.Mr Backiel, of Cullingham Road, Ipswich, was found face down in the water near to Coprolite Street by a member of the public on Sunday at around 8.30pm.
A MAN discovered dead at Ipswich docks has been named today as 49-year-old Bronislaw Backiel.
Mr Backiel, of Cullingham Road, Ipswich, was found face down in the water near to Coprolite Street by a member of the public on Sunday at around 8.30pm.
Two men, aged 38 and 35 and also foreigners - possibly eastern European, who were arrested on suspicion of murder an hour-and-a-half later have been released on bail until January 15 pending further enquiries.
A police spokeswoman said: “A full investigation is underway to establish the circumstances surrounding the death.” Earlier today detectives revealed that Mr Backiel, who at that point had yet to be named, died as a result of drowning.
You may also want to watch:
It is unknown how long his body had been in the dock before it was discovered.
Anybody with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact DCI David Cutler at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 9 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 10 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12