Doctor charged with sex assault on girl
A DOCTOR has been charged with sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl at the James Paget University Hospital.Rashid Sandhu, 29, has also been accused of 17 offences of making indecent photographs of children.
A DOCTOR has been charged with sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl at the James Paget University Hospital.
Rashid Sandhu, 29, has also been accused of 17 offences of making indecent photographs of children.
Police said the alleged sexual assault happened at the Gorleston hospital and Sandhu has been suspended from his duties since an investigation was launched in June.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: “Investigating officers have been working closely with senior managers at the James Paget University Hospital and received total cooperation throughout the inquiry.”
You may also want to watch:
Sandhu, who lives in the Great Yarmouth area, has been bailed to appear before Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court at 9.30am on September 10.
The hospital has asked anyone concerned about the matter to contact them on 01493 453240.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 9 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
- 10 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving