Doctor found dying in bathroom
A MUCH LOVED and well respected Ipswich doctor was found dead after breathing in his own vomit, an inquest heard today.Father-of-three Dr Alan Hicks, who worked at the Norwich Road surgery, was described by his wife today as "simply the best husband and the best father".
A MUCH LOVED and well respected Ipswich doctor was found dead after breathing in his own vomit, an inquest heard today.
Father-of-three Dr Alan Hicks, who worked at the Norwich Road surgery, was described by his wife today as "simply the best husband and the best father".
The 44-year-old had just enjoyed an Indian takeaway and a glass of wine with his wife, Penelope, in their home in Kingsfield Avenue, Ipswich, before going to the bathroom.
But Mrs Hicks became worried when Dr Hicks had not reappeared for some time.
You may also want to watch:
She went up to the bathroom and found Mr Hicks unconscious and slumped forward.
The paramedics were called and Mr Hicks was taken to Ipswich Hospital, but he died later that day.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 3 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 8 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 9 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
The coroner, Dr Peter Dean, recorded a verdict of accidental death.
He told Ipswich Coroner's Court that Mr Hicks had died on May 17 after an accidental aspiration of his gastric secretions.
Mrs Hicks said: "Alan was simply the best husband I could have asked for. He was also the best father to our three daughters.
"We have received almost 600 cards from family and friends and I would like to place on record my heartfelt gratitude."