Search

Dog blamed for grillpan fire

PUBLISHED: 19:19 09 April 2004 | UPDATED: 04:46 02 March 2010

IPSWICH man Bernard Smith today blamed his dog Trixie, for a fire that left his whole house smokelogged.

Firefighters were called to an address in Stoke Hall Road, Ipswich, shortly before 10.

IPSWICH man Bernard Smith today blamed his dog Trixie, for a fire that left his whole house smokelogged.

Firefighters were called to an address in Stoke Hall Road, Ipswich, shortly before 10.50pm yesterday – and found there was a smoking grill pan.

Sub officer Will Tel said: "When I arrived I was confronted with the whole house being smoke logged. I didn't know if anyone was there but there were signs of life, with lights and a radio left on."

Mr Smith, who only realised what had happened when he returned from the pub, said Trixie must have been to blame.

He said Trixie must have tried to climb on to the counter and accidentally switched on the hob - and the grill pan was on top.

He said: "It is typical Trixie. She gets very excited."


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ipswich Star. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star