Dog blamed for grillpan fire
IPSWICH man Bernard Smith today blamed his dog Trixie, for a fire that left his whole house smokelogged.Firefighters were called to an address in Stoke Hall Road, Ipswich, shortly before 10.
IPSWICH man Bernard Smith today blamed his dog Trixie, for a fire that left his whole house smokelogged.
Firefighters were called to an address in Stoke Hall Road, Ipswich, shortly before 10.50pm yesterday – and found there was a smoking grill pan.
Sub officer Will Tel said: "When I arrived I was confronted with the whole house being smoke logged. I didn't know if anyone was there but there were signs of life, with lights and a radio left on."
Mr Smith, who only realised what had happened when he returned from the pub, said Trixie must have been to blame.
You may also want to watch:
He said Trixie must have tried to climb on to the counter and accidentally switched on the hob - and the grill pan was on top.
He said: "It is typical Trixie. She gets very excited."
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 8 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead