Dog blamed for grillpan fire
IPSWICH man Bernard Smith today blamed his dog Trixie, for a fire that left his whole house smokelogged.Firefighters were called to an address in Stoke Hall Road, Ipswich, shortly before 10.
IPSWICH man Bernard Smith today blamed his dog Trixie, for a fire that left his whole house smokelogged.
Firefighters were called to an address in Stoke Hall Road, Ipswich, shortly before 10.50pm yesterday – and found there was a smoking grill pan.
Sub officer Will Tel said: "When I arrived I was confronted with the whole house being smoke logged. I didn't know if anyone was there but there were signs of life, with lights and a radio left on."
Mr Smith, who only realised what had happened when he returned from the pub, said Trixie must have been to blame.
He said Trixie must have tried to climb on to the counter and accidentally switched on the hob - and the grill pan was on top.
He said: "It is typical Trixie. She gets very excited."
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 6 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 7 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 10 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard