Double decker bus struck by car on Wherstead Road causes traffic delays in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A car crashed into a double decker bus on Wherstead Road in Ipswich this morning causing tailbacks in the town.
Police were called at around 7.45am today, Wednesday April 19, to the scene close to the roundabout near the Vision Pharmacy.
It is believed the car struck the bus, which had broken down, and then drove away from the scene.
A police spokeswoman said there are not thought to be any injuries as a result of the collision but the crash has caused big tailbacks on Wherstead Road into the town.
She said: “Between the last roundabout and the bridge on Wherstead Road, a bus had broken down and was then hit by a vehicle.
“We would appeal for the driver to come forward.
“It was on a bend and has caused disruption for traffic.”
- 1 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 2 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 3 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 6 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 8 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 9 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 10 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
If you have any information that can assist the police in their investigation, call 101 quoting reference CAD 54 of today.