Dozens of stalls set for Greshams Craft Fair this weekend raising cash for EACH
- Credit: Archant
More than 50 stalls are set for the 12th Craft Fair at Greshams in Tuddenham Road, Ipswich, this weekend, in aid of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
The fair, organised by Steve and Sarah Beale and their two daughters Sophie and Chloe, will run from 12-4.30pm on Sunday, with stalls selling hand-crafted jewellery, gifts, art and cards.
The couple decided to organise the event after a craft fair in Aldeburgh featured no customers, and resulted in stallholders coming together to organise their own in November 2012.
From there it took on a life of its own with stallholders and customers alike returning for each event, held twice a year in March and November, and helping raise more than £7,000 for the hospice since it began.
Mrs Beale, 42, said: “So many people love the EACH charity, just to support it is brilliant.
“We will keep it going as long as the stallholders are happy and we are still raising money for the charity.”
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 3 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams