Dramatic rescue near Orwell bridge
A MAN rescued in a dramatic air rescue near the Orwell bridge is recovering from suspected spinal injuries today.The 25-year-old was riding a mountain bike on the path next to the river on the Nacton foreshore when he collided with a tree at 8.30pm.
A MAN rescued in a dramatic air rescue near the Orwell bridge is recovering from suspected spinal injuries today.
The 25-year-old was riding a mountain bike on the path next to the river on the Nacton foreshore when he collided with a tree at about 8.30pm.
He suffered spinal injuries and an ambulance was called but the closest it could get was the Orwell bridge and it was deemed unsafe to move the man.
As the air ambulance is not on duty at night, the helicopter crew at Wattisham Airfield was called upon and the Sea King landed nearby.
You may also want to watch:
The rescue operation lasted an hour-and-a-half with the man finally arriving at Ipswich Hospital by helicopter shortly after 10pm.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 10 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich