Drink driving figures up, so far
SUFFOLK police have revealed that more than 60 people have been caught drink driving so far this month.As part of Suffolk police's annual crackdown on drink driving, more than 800 drivers have been tested.
SUFFOLK police have revealed that more than 60 people have been caught drink driving so far this month.
As part of Suffolk police's annual crackdown on drink driving, more than 800 drivers have been tested.
Anna Woolnough, spokesman for Suffolk police, urged people not to drink and drive as part of their New Year celebrations.
She said: "If you are going to drink then don't drive. As is the case throughout the rest of the year, officers will be doing their utmost to ensure the safety of Suffolk's roads by keeping them free of drink drivers."
You may also want to watch:
The Evening Star has run its own Name and Shame anti-drink driving campaign for several years and like Suffolk Police, condemns drink drivers. We continually pledge to name and shame everyone found guilty of drinking and driving in our courts.
So far during the campaign, which was launched on December 1 and runs to January 6, we have named and shamed 12 people.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Man, 20, to face trial over £1,500 drug haul
Posters have also been put in pubs and bars throughout Suffolk warning people of the dangers of drinking and driving.
This month's figures show that drinking and driving has risen this year by seven per cent compared to 45 motorists positively tested (6.8 per cent) last year.
n If you would like Evening Star drink-drive posters for your pub, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 01473 324846.