Drinkers get naked for charity
PUB regulars and barmaids are baring all in a calendar to raise money for charities and good causes in their town.Drinkers were so keen to get naked that 17 people volunteered to be pictured– with items from their jobs or hobbies to protect their modesty.
PUB regulars and barmaids are baring all in a calendar to raise money for charities and good causes in their town.
Drinkers were so keen to get naked that 17 people volunteered to be pictured– with items from their jobs or hobbies to protect their modesty.
Now fundraisers at the Pickerel Inn in Stowmarket have decided to make a 17-month calendar so all the volunteers will get their moment of glory.
Featuring pub regulars who work as plasterers, window cleaners, shop workers and newsagents, the 500 calendars will sell for £5 each with the hope of raising £2,500.
You may also want to watch:
Barmaid Nicky Martin is one of those featured in the calendar. She said: "We thought we would struggle to get 12 months, but we had more people come forward than we thought, 17 in the end.
"It shows that in Stowmarket there is a lot of community spirit.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 5 New special school planned for former BT site
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
"We had a good mixture of people, but there was a male bias with only six girls taking part. We were all a bit concerned because we're not size 10 models, but it was a laugh. Everyone has been talking about it in the pub."
Jasmine China and her partner Alton Baker, landlords at the Stowupland Street pub, have both taken part and are determined to help raise thousands of pounds for good causes.
Miss China said: "People approached me and asked if we could do something for charity and we were inspired when we heard of another pub who had done this.
"I did not want to see a seedy calendar, we wanted to make it fun – it's nude, but tasteful. All ages and shapes have taken part."
The Pickerel Inn's calendar will be for sale in July or August. To order copies, contact the pub on 01449 674301.
n Local charities or individuals within 10 miles of Stowmarket who would like to benefit from the fundraising at the Pickerel Inn should contact the pub in writing, telling the fundraising committee why they should benefit and what they required.