Drive-by paintball attack
AN IPSWICH man's birthday celebrations turned sour when he became the victim of a drive-by paintball shooting attack. Cary Frost was shot in the leg while walking from the pub to his home in Kempton Close.
AN IPSWICH man's birthday celebrations turned sour when he became the victim of a drive-by paintball shooting attack.
Cary Frost was shot in the leg while walking from the pub to his home in Kempton Close.
The assault happened as Mr Frost, a warehouse and dispatch supervisor, stopped to talk to a friend after celebrating his 41st birthday.
He said: "I left the pub at 11.30pm and was walking on Dryden Road, near the two Castle Hill schools.
"I stopped to chat to a mate and thought nothing of a car nearby. The next minute the car's driving past and something hit me in the back of the leg.
"I could hear laughter from the car, it sounded like a group of boys.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 3 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 5 Fire breaks out in field near Westbourne Park in Ipswich
- 6 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 7 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 8 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 9 Ban on BBQs at Suffolk beauty spot due to extreme heat
- 10 Ipswich coffee shop owner receives award from PM
"It didn't explode and my jeans cushioned most of the impact but what worries me the most is realising just how vulnerable we are.
"It was obviously a random attack and I'm unfortunate it was me, but it could have been in my face, or at a child."
Mr Frost, a father of two boys, aged eight and six, found the unexploded paintball on the ground and handed it to police when he reported the incident.
The attack happened on Friday.
Suffolk police said they are treating the incident as assault occasioning actual bodily harm. It is believed the car involved was a silver hatchback, possibly a Citreon Saxo.
Anyone with information about the attack is asked to call Pc Daniel Macaulay on 01473 613500.
n. Have you been a victim of this kind of attack? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email email@example.com