Drive to make county safest in country
POLICING forums will take place across Suffolk as part of a drive to make the county the safest in the country.Suffolk Police Authority is organising the forums as part of their 'Suffolk First' initiative.
POLICING forums will take place across Suffolk as part of a drive to make the county the safest in the country.
Suffolk Police Authority is organising the forums as part of their 'Suffolk First' initiative.
Each will be attended by the police commander for the area and a member of the Authority who will answer questions and provide an update on Suffolk First.
Police Authority chairman Christine Laverock said: "This has been an exciting year for policing in Suffolk – and real progress has been made towards achieving Suffolk First.
You may also want to watch:
"The latest set of annual crime statistics show that Suffolk is getting even safer with some of the lowest crime rates in the county, coupled with a decreasing fear of crime.
"But your views are essential in helping us target our resources effectively so that we can not only reduce crime but also make neighbourhoods feel safer too."
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
People planning to attend the forums are asked to submit their questions in advance, if possible, so that a full answer can be given. If not they can be asked on the night.
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by writing to the Clerk to the Police Authority, FREEPOST, St Helen Court, County Hall, Ipswich, IP4 2BR or calling the forum hotline on 01473 5841193
Forums will take place at 7.30pm at Hollesley Village Hall on September 24, Holywells High School, Ipswich on October 8, East Bergholt High School, Hadleigh on October 14, The Cathedral, Bury St Edmunds on October 15 and Whitehouse Community Centre, Ipswich on October 29.
Forums beginning at 7pm will take place at the Cedars Hotel, Stowmarket on October 8, Leiston High School on October 21, and Trimley Sports and Social Club on October 23.