Drive to make county safest in country
POLICING forums will take place across Suffolk as part of a drive to make the county the safest in the country.Suffolk Police Authority is organising the forums as part of their 'Suffolk First' initiative.
POLICING forums will take place across Suffolk as part of a drive to make the county the safest in the country.
Suffolk Police Authority is organising the forums as part of their 'Suffolk First' initiative.
Each will be attended by the police commander for the area and a member of the Authority who will answer questions and provide an update on Suffolk First.
Police Authority chairman Christine Laverock said: "This has been an exciting year for policing in Suffolk – and real progress has been made towards achieving Suffolk First.
You may also want to watch:
"The latest set of annual crime statistics show that Suffolk is getting even safer with some of the lowest crime rates in the county, coupled with a decreasing fear of crime.
"But your views are essential in helping us target our resources effectively so that we can not only reduce crime but also make neighbourhoods feel safer too."
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 4 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 7 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 8 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 9 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 10 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
People planning to attend the forums are asked to submit their questions in advance, if possible, so that a full answer can be given. If not they can be asked on the night.
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by writing to the Clerk to the Police Authority, FREEPOST, St Helen Court, County Hall, Ipswich, IP4 2BR or calling the forum hotline on 01473 5841193
Forums will take place at 7.30pm at Hollesley Village Hall on September 24, Holywells High School, Ipswich on October 8, East Bergholt High School, Hadleigh on October 14, The Cathedral, Bury St Edmunds on October 15 and Whitehouse Community Centre, Ipswich on October 29.
Forums beginning at 7pm will take place at the Cedars Hotel, Stowmarket on October 8, Leiston High School on October 21, and Trimley Sports and Social Club on October 23.