Driver airlifted to hospital
A FEMALE driver was airlifted to hospital today after two cars collided on the A12 at Stratford St Mary.The woman was taken to Ipswich hospital by air ambulance after being freed from the wreckage by fire crews.
A FEMALE driver was airlifted to hospital today after two cars collided on the A12 at Stratford St Mary.
The woman was taken to Ipswich hospital by air ambulance after being freed from the wreckage by fire crews.
Pc Jim Gooding who was first to arrive at the scene at around 9.15 am described her condition as "not overtly serious."
He said that she was freed from the Volkswagen Golf due to her injuries and not because she was trapped in the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A male driver and female passenger in another car were also taken to Ipswich Hospital with minor injuries.
The incident blocked one lane of the southbound carriageway causing traffic tailbacks of up to a mile and a half.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 5 New special school planned for former BT site
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
Pc Gooding said: "The traffic was not too bad and was never at a standstill."
Because of the location of the accident fire engines attended from Ipswich, Hadleigh and Manningtree with a rescue tender from Colchester.
The cause of the accident is unknown and police are appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with any information should contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500 and speak to Pc Gooding.